We are seeking a high-energy, self-motivated and organized Associate or Vice President who is passionate about sustainability to join Evercity in a multi-faceted and dynamic role at the cross-section of sustainability investment, climate analytics, software product management and strategy.
The objective of this role is to support Evercity’s thought leadership, business and analytics around climate and sustainable finance topics. The person in this role will contribute to a variety of strategic areas, including but not limited to:
- Designing innovative products related to green debt and carbon markets, MRV, portfolio management and ESG risk assessment.
- Engaging with globally leading financial institutions and SME companies to understand their needs and promote Evercity solutions
- Engaging with national and international regulatory bodies, standards, development institutions and associations to understand market trends and requirements
- Additionally the work will include creation of client pitches, offers and educational materials, leading workshops, and public speaking at top industry events.
- Lead analytical work on sustainable finance, including green/sustainability-linked bonds and loans, carbon offsets and derivatives, climate risks, ESG monitoring and reporting.
- Contribute to short, medium and long-term business strategy and growth plans, including participation in the product roadmap development and prioritization
- Develop new business strategies and lead business development including introduction of new products, entry to new markets and regions
- Synthesize outlooks and scenarios of sustainable finance markets development from a diverse set of industry, scientific, and government sources and produce articles on relevant topics
- Contribute to written thought leadership on sustainability issues, particularly those closely connected to climate finance and ESG reporting topics
- Partner with teams across the organization to share knowledge, ideas, and best practices
- Conduct research on priority sustainability topics, monitor developments related to regulation, third party reporting frameworks, voluntary commitments, and certification bodies to understand evolving market standards and client preferences across regions; identify market trends and conduct competitive reviews.
- Review competing Sustainable Investment tools, ESG data and methodologies and compare and contrast between different providers;
- Engage with current and potential customers: collect user feedback and experience and help transform it into the product development
- Generate, analyze and test hypotheses and ideas for development of existing products and introduction of new ones
- Scale sales by engaging your personal network, company network and generating new leads
- Strong passion for sustainability and digital technologies
- 3-6+ years of relevant climate/sustainability research and/or investment industry experience, preferably with emphasis in green debt, carbon markets and ESG analytics
- An ambitious spirit that is ready to take on a full range of tasks and pursue additional responsibility quickly
- Ability to quickly grasp ideas, concepts, processes, relationships, and trends
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to synthesize information, summarize issues and think creatively
- Ability to translate complex topics into easy-to-understand memos and presentations
- Attention to detail and proofing skills are essential
- Knowledge of portfolio alignment methodologies, possibly for different asset classes
- Strong knowledge of regulatory landscape, including the reporting frameworks cush as CDP; TCFD; SASB, the EU taxonomy and others
- Quantitative data skills are desirable, understanding of financial/risk analysis
- Existing network in sustainable finance (in Germany, Europe, and internationally) desirable
- Ability to analyze complex problems, developing and using advanced methods, and to communicate findings to a range of different audiences
- Fluent English skills, German or other languages a plus;
- Keen to work in an international atmosphere with partners from around the globe
- Experience working with additional software, such as statistical packages, data visualization and programming languages are an advantage.
In case you think you are the right candidate to become our new colleague, please share your CV with us via [email protected]